Silicon Line’s USB 3.2 module product portfolio transmits the USB 3.2 Gen2 protocol at a speed of 10 Gbps. Multiple modules with or without e-marker ICs are available, suitable for straight Type-C connector designs or right-angle designs. The USB 3.2 module is very suitable for high-volume cost-sensitive active optical cables, such as in virtual reality applications.
- Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Gen 1 hybrid active optical cables
- Small and compact module size of 12 x 8.25 mm
- Includes ultra-low power consumption USB ASIC, VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) and PD (Photodiode) chips
- Integrated optical sub-assembly supports the attachment of 2 optical fibers to transport the superspeed signals
- Supports optical fibers of outer diameter 255 µm and core diameter 55 µm
- Module supports the attachment of 6 electrical wires to transport USB2.0 signals, CC, VBUS (5A), VCONN and ground.
- Different wire gauges can be used to support different cable lengths
- The standard C-type connector has been soldered to the module